6 min read
Empowering Artificial Intelligence with Innovatia
By: Neha Srivastava on Aug 26, 2021 12:50:42 AM
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is demonstrated by machines. At its core, it is a wide-ranging branch of computer science that simulates human intelligence processes by machines.
These machines perform human-like tasks which increase our quality of life.
Specific applications of AI include expert systems, speech recognition, natural language processing (NLP), and machine vision.
The Innovatia team has been successfully involved in AI-related projects for several years.
Innovatia offers an integrated portfolio of solutions, services, and consulting built around Artificial Intelligence and Engineering Services, to help enterprises across Manufacturing, Telecom, etc.
How Artificial Intelligence (AI) works?
In the AI system, the machine can easily mimic human cognitive activity and execute tasks such as learning, reasoning, and perception.
To understand the Artificial Intelligence process, one needs to understand the various sub-domains of Artificial Intelligence and understand how those domains could be applied in the various fields of the industry.
Machine Learning: ML assists in making decisions based on experience and data without involving human experience. This automation saves humans time and helps them make better decisions.
Deep Learning: Deep Learning is an ML technique that puts inputs through layers to classify and predict the outcome.
Neural Networks: Neural Network’s work on the series of algorithms that captures the relationship between various underlying variables and processes the data as a human brain does.
Natural Language Processing: NLP is a branch of science that understands, interprets, and manipulates human language.
Computer Vision: Computer vision algorithms help in understanding the set of images to make a better output decision based on previous observations.
Cognitive Computing: Cognitive computing algorithms help in interpreting a human brain by analyzing text/speech/images/objects in a manner that a human does and tries to give the desired output.
What are the different types of AI?
Artificial intelligence can be split into two broad types:
Narrow AI: It is also known as “Weak” AI that exists in our world today and is programmed to perform a single task such as checking the weather, playing chess, or analyzing raw data to write journalistic reports. It can do a task in real-time with a specific dataset. As a result, it does not perform multiple tasks at a time.
Examples: Google Assistant, Google Translate, Siri, and other natural language processing tools.
General AI: It is also known as “Strong” AI machines that exhibit human intelligence. In other words, it can perform any intellectual task that a human being can.
Example: Science-Fiction movies in which humans interact with machines and operating systems that are conscious, sentient, and driven by emotion and self-awareness.
Where is Artificial Intelligence (AI) Used?
AI is an efficient data processing system that is used in many industries. Let’s look at the industries where AI is currently using.
- Administration: AI systems assist with the day-to-day administrative tasks such as Transcriptions of medical notes through NLP, which helps doctors to read the patient’s record.
- Telemedicine: For non-emergency situations, patients can visit a hospital’s AI system to analyze their disease. This reduces the workload of medical professionals by bringing only crucial cases to them.
- Assisted Diagnosis: AI is now capable of reading MRI scans to check for tumors and other malignant growths, at an exponentially faster pace than radiologists can, with a considerably lower margin of error.
- Robot-assisted surgery: Robotic surgeries perform surgeries with a high degree of accuracy without getting exhausted.
- Chatbots: AI chatbots across industries, serve customers in odd-hours and peak hours, remove the bottleneck of limited human resources.
- Filtering spam and fake reviews: Artificial Intelligence can scan high volumes of reviews on the sites, filter suspicious reviews, and make for a better buyer experience.
- Optimizing search: The AI helps in optimizing search results based on required parameters and ensuring the users get the best result.
- Supply-chain: AI manages the demand for products in each timeframe so that company’s stocks can meet the demand.
- Building work culture: AI analyses the employee data, assign projects based on their skills, collects feedback about the workplace.
- Hiring: With NLP, AI can analyze thousands of resumes quickly, and ascertain if there is a good fit. This is beneficial as it reduces the length of hiring cycles.
Robots in AI:
Artificial intelligence is helping robotics across various industries, especially in the manufacturing and packaging industries. Here are a few applications of robots in AI:
- Assembly: AI, along with advanced vision, helps robots to learn the certain process for running operations.
- Customer Service: AI-enabled robots use Natural Language Processing to interact with customers intelligently and like a human.
- Packaging: AI enables quicker, cheaper, and more accurate packaging and helps in installing and moving robotic systems easily.
Advantages of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
The advantages of Artificial intelligence applications are huge that can transform any professional sector. Let’s see some of them.
- Reduction in human error
- Takes risks instead of Humans
- Available 24×7
- Helps in repetitive work
- Digital assistance
- Faster decisions
- Daily Applications
- New Inventions
- Rational Decision Maker
- Medical applications
- Improves Security
- Efficient Communication
Disadvantages of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Artificial intelligence applications also have some disadvantages. Let’s see some of them.
- High Costs of Creation
- Making Humans Lazy
- No Emotions
- Lacking Out of Box Thinking
Top used Applications in Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is used in many applications. Let’s see some of them.
- Google’s AI-powered predictions (E.g.: Google Maps)
- AI Autopilot in Commercial Flights
- Plagiarism checkers and tools
- Facial Recognition
- Ride-sharing applications (E.g.: Uber, Lyft)
- Spam filters on E-mails
- Search recommendations
- Voice-to-text features
- Smart personal assistants (E.g.: Siri, Alexa)
- Fraud protection and prevention
We, Innovatia team, offer Artificial Intelligence and technology with new ideas, topics, innovations, products, etc.
In the end, we might conclude that many tasks will have the opportunity of input from AI that is likely to bring the greatest benefits to the working world.
Importance of Creativity in Technical Writing | Innovatia Blog
Creative and technical?
Designing Intelligent Content for AI - Part 1
Welcome to the first of a dual part series on writing for Artificial Intelligence. Let’s begin with...
How Introverted Technical Writers Can Survive and Thrive
The Daily “Swirl”