Reporting to the Program Manager, the Senior Writer designs and develops specifications or procedures to support clients within the Oil & Energy Sector. The Senior Technical Writer possesses and applies expertise to interview SMEs and conduct research necessary to produce accurate, comprehensive, effective and concise information assets for various audience types.
Location: Calgary, AB
Employment Type: Contract
- Possesses 5 years or more of experience developing content for the Oil & Gas Industry
- Comfortable with software applications and technology in general, especially database concepts
- Demonstrates structured writing competencies
- Demonstrates strong leadership and customer facing skills
- Has experience working with remote team members, and leveraging best practices and enabling technologies to do so effectively
- Analyzes source content
- Designs information for conciseness, accuracy, effectiveness, and eliminates non-essential content
- Organizes and facilitates Working Sessions and Review Sessions with SMEs, ensuring focus and timely results
- Interfaces directly with multiple stakeholders within the client base
- Manages multiple information assets and delivery schedules in a dynamic environment
- Adheres to Quality Assurance practices prior to distributing information assets to the clients
Required Skill Set
- Strong customer-facing written and verbal communication skills
- Structured writing skills/competencies
- Proficiency in a variety of PC tools and applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive timelines
- Post-secondary education required
- Professional consulting skills and business acumen to interact with clients and SMEs, managing outcomes to negotiate a win-win for all involved
- Ability to identify risks, impacts, and mitigation strategies, and to clearly communicate such to Program/Project Managers
We thank all candidates for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovatia is an equal opportunity employer.