The Specification Writer designs and develops specifications to support clients within a variety of disciplines in the Oil & Gas Sector. The Specification Writer possesses and applies expertise to interview SMEs and conduct research necessary to produce accurate, comprehensive, effective and concise information assets for various audience types.
Employment Type: Contract
Location: Calgary, AB
This is an open job posting and will be used to fill positions as needed.
- Define requirements, in term of material, size, etc. for the machines that push the fluids to reach the pressure, temperature and flowrate calculated.
- Promote documentation best practices, including single sourcing to reduce duplication of effort and delivery
- Technical writing and editing – major focus on Operational Excellence Management System element process and procedure documentation
- Content/document analysis of existing documents to assist with the breakdown of the information into the 18OEMS elements
- Creating templates, document design
- Liaise with other technical writers in other areas of the company
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in writing technical specifications for one or more of the following disciplines: Civil, Mechanical, Coating, Welding, etc.
- Demonstrates strong customer facing skills and experience working with multiple stakeholders
- Able to review complex technical content, restructure, and synthesize
- Professional consulting skills and business acumen to interact with clients and SMEs, managing outcomes to negotiate a win-win for all involved
- Ability to identify risks, impacts, and mitigation strategies, and to clearly communicate such to Program/Project Managers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word authoring environment and a variety of PC tools and applications
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovatia is an equal opportunity employer.