The Specification Writer designs and develops specifications to support clients within a variety of disciplines in the oil and gas sector. The Specification Writer possesses and applies expertise to interview SMEs and conduct research necessary to produce accurate, comprehensive, effective and concise information assets for various audience types.
Employment Type: Contract
• Write and revise technical documents, including engineering specifications, operating procedures and related documentation
• Analyze the content and organization of technical documents for effectiveness and clarity
• Work with templates and lay out content including tables, figures and appendices in accordance with client standards and style guides
• Collaborate closely with client engineers and technical SMEs
• Present, explain and defend deliverables to clients and stakeholders
• Take ownership of the quality and on-schedule delivery of your documents
• Promote documentation best practices, including single sourcing to reduce duplication of effort and delivery
• Liaise with other technical writers, editors, QA specialists and Project Managers on the project team and in other areas of the company
• Strong writing skills evidenced by a minimum of two years’ experience writing engineering or operations documentation
• Familiarity with, and understanding of, engineering and oil and gas industry terminology
• Strong customer-facing skills and experience working with multiple client and SME stakeholders
• Ability to review, restructure and synthesize complex technical content
• Ability to identify risks, impacts, and mitigation strategies, and to clearly communicate such to Program/Project Managers
• An engineering degree
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and a variety of PC tools and applications
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovatia is an equal opportunity employer.